Create Recurring Revenue with a Network Performance Monitoring Service for MSPs by
Team AppNeta July 5, 2011
As a managed services provider (MSP), your clients look to you to keep their business services up and running. With the advent of cloud computing, SaaS, virtual desktops, VoIP, IP-based storage and other trends, more and more of those business-critical services depend on the performance of IP-based networks.
MSPs face new service delivery challenges, including:
- Old-school, break-fix approaches to network management aren’t good enough anymore. MSPs need a way to proactively address network issues.
- When IP-based services crash and ISPs, telcos and other providers start pointing fingers, how can MSPs know what is and isn’t their responsibility?
- How to monitor and meet meaningful service levels that reflect client user experience?
SNMP-based tools can tell you about the condition of individual network devices you own. But what’s much more critical to network health is a “packet’s eye” view of the flow inside the network bloodstream.
And what about all the networks you don’t own, but have a huge impact on the quality of service your client users perceive? Not even the priciest network instrumentation (e.g., traditional netflow analysis solutions) can help you there
AppNeta’s PathView Cloud service enables MSPs to proactively manage network performance end-to-end between their data centers and service consumers. With PathView Cloud, MSPs can strongly differentiate themselves from competitors around issues of IP-based network and application availability – and also cut back on truck rolls and on-site visits.
- Proactively monitor the performance of any network against customizable performance levels – from any location
- Continuously measure key performance metrics (bandwidth, packet loss, jitter and latency)
- Conduct pre and post deployment assessments for customers, to ensure the successful rollout of network performance sensitive applications like VoIP and Unified Communications (UC)
- Receive e-mail notifications when your service levels are not met
With PathView Cloud MSPs can quickly and effectively solve real-world problems their customers encounter everyday. AppNeta’s MSP partners attest to rapid identification and resolution of even long-standing network problems. For example, PathView Cloud enables service providers to detect network bottlenecks so faulty equipment can be replaced, and also helps to determine whether ISP and telecom providers are providing contracted levels of bandwidth.