You are an exceptional technical writer comfortable working on a variety of products and projects within a fast-paced development environment. You shine when writing for a highly technical audience and can combine industry best practices with company objectives to produce timely, comprehensive documentation. You have excellent communication skills with a passion for sharing new ideas in a dynamic environment.
- Take ownership of all aspects of technical writing for various products and services at AppNeta
- Manage the translation of new product features into technical writing tasks
- Review new product requirements, attend feature introduction sessions, interview knowledge experts, and research content, to gather information for the next product release
- Update existing content, and author new content, as areas are identified in our product Help, Support portal, and user guides.
- Research, edit, standardize, illustrate, proofread, and publish as required
- Communicate and collaborate with team members through information gathering, content reviews, meetings, status reports, etc.
- Become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience writing documents of different types for highly technical audiences
- Strong understanding of documentation structure and information design
- Demonstrated ability to grasp highly technical subjects and relay them to users in a way that they understand and that logically bridges their needs with the product’s capabilities
- Intimate understanding of the software development process and how it maps to documentation activities and schedules
- Experience working with various documentation and publishing software or help authoring tools
- Proven experience designing documents and architecture for online documentation
- Desire and ability to work flexibly in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Unparalleled attention to detail
Experience working with one or more of the following would be a benefit:
- Developing content for user assistance, e.g. user guides, online Help, image capture and editing, technical diagrams, user interface.
- Content management systems, e.g. Drupal, or moving content from a staging area into production on a live server.
- Defect management systems, e.g. Bugzilla, Jira.
AppNeta provides unmatched performance insight to application programmers, network engineers and IT outsourcers, with more than 1,500 customers worldwide. AppNeta’s solutions deliver instant-value network performance management solutions required to drive exceptional application performance across all data center, cloud, remote office and mobile environments. For web application developers, full stack application tracing combined with brilliant data visualization and segmenting features give unparalleled vision into application performance.
We’ve created a fun, casual work environment that lets you work to your maximum potential. We work together, inspiring and mentoring each other to build great products, having fun along the way and celebrating our successes. This is a great opportunity to join an unbeatable team who cares as much about getting a job well done as you do. Ideally located in the heart of Gastown, we have an open office layout in a character building that’s close to all of the major transit services.
For more information about our company, visit www.AppNeta.com.
If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to email@example.com.